April 5, 2023
STOCKHOLM, April 5, 2023 – Vionlabs, a leading provider of cognitive AI technology, has partnered with Plex, the free global streaming media platform, to enhance the viewing experience with more accurate and intuitive UX.
The partnership will see Vionlabs’ technology integrated into Plex’s streaming service, delivering enhanced viewing experiences for Plex’s 16 million monthly active users worldwide.
“We’re very proud that Plex has chosen Vionlabs to provide its customers with enhanced viewing experiences based on Vionlabs unique Fingerprint+ metadata,” Plex is demonstrating its dedication to providing superior streaming services to consumers and we’re delighted to help Plex’s members enjoy world-class user experience.”
said Marcus Bergström CEO of Vionlabs.
At Plex, we’re always looking for ways to improve the media experience for our user experience and engagements,” said Shawn Eldridge, Vice President of Business Development and Content. “Vionlabs’ technology provides some truly unique capabilities that we believe will be invaluable in helping us achieve our goal of making streaming content even more accessible and enjoyable for everyone.”
The integration of Vionlabs’ technology into Plex will allow users to enjoy an enriched viewing experience through features such as:
- Fingerprint embedding can be utilized by data scientists to innovate around personalization, content analysis, and more
- 30+ Predicted Genres for Plex to categorize each title that can be combined with other nuances in the data such as mood and keywords to create many micro-taste groups
- Measurement of the emotion and mood of each scene or character with unprecedented accuracy and can recognize 65+ different mood Tags inside a single video file.
- 20+ Mood categories extracted by AI, allowing Plex to connect titles across different genres.
- Classification of each Mood Tag into a more general category so that content will be accurately categorized.
- 1200+ descriptive keywords for the content story with weights reflecting the story of the content from different perspectives resulting in relevant keywords, describing the main topic or elements of the content. This allows Plex to create detailed personalization around topics, genres, and more, and significantly improves the search and discovery experience to keep the viewers engaged.
Vionlabs will be at the NAB Show in Las Vegas April 15-19, introducing new features, cool tools, and need-to-haves that will revolutionize the way the media industry operates. Click here to book a meeting.
Vionlabs empowers brands to release the potential of all content and differentiate the consumer viewing experience using the first-of-its-kind Cognitive AI video-audio platform called AINAR. AINAR can analyze consumer moods and sentiments in long-format video-audio files. Vionlabs helps streaming services, entertainment companies, telecoms, software companies, and advertising platforms create user experiences that are seamless, and non-disruptive, and provide content that aligns with each viewer’s tastes, all without using third-party data. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
More info: Vionlabs.com, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter.
Plex is the most comprehensive entertainment platform available today. A one-stop destination to stream movies, TV shows, and music, Plex solves the streaming media struggle by making it quick and easy to find and play any movie or TV show being streamed online. Plex is the first and only streaming platform to offer free ad-supported movies, shows, and Live TV, paired with the ability to easily search for any title ever made and create a customized watchlist for all the movies and shows you’re interested in watching, regardless of where they are being streamed. Plex has partnered with some of the biggest names in entertainment, including Warner Brothers Discovery, NBC Universal, Paramount, AMC, A+E, BBC, Lionsgate, Hallmark Media, E.W. Scripps, A24, Relativity, Hearst, and Crackle. Acting as one window into all streaming services and a user’s personal media library, Plex serves up the most relevant content for all of its users.
The company is independently owned, backed by Intercap and Kleiner Perkins. For more, visit https://www.plex.tv, and follow @plex on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
Rapid TV News
Digital TV Europe
The Fast Mode
Fierce Video Newsletter
Vionlabs, a provider of cognitive AI tech, has partnered with Plex to enhance the viewing experience on the free streaming platform with more accurate and intuitive UX. (Release)